The Dulwich Estate

FAQs - For leasehold residential properties

Can I carry out alterations to my leasehold residential property?

Under the terms of the lease, you have to obtain the consent of The Dulwich Estate as freeholder, if you wish to carry out any structural alterations or change the external appearance of the property. If the Estate grants consent, a Licence for the works will be issued, on payment of a Licence fee.

Do I need permission to rent my leasehold residential property out?

Consent is not required, but you are advised to let your property through a reputable agent and to responsible tenants in order to avoid problems with their occupation of the property. Please provide us with the details of your agent in the event that we need to gain emergency access to the property. Your contact details should also be held on record, please.